Baccalaureate 3.5 Years (7 semesters)
Masters 1.5 Years (3 semesters)
Doctorate 2 years (4 semesters)
Course Description: An academic platform designed for the education and training of individuals to qualify Conflict Prevention and Resolution professionals. The areas of implementation will include: localized intra-community disagreements and litigation matters to the regional and global scale that involves multi-national enterprises and government interest in competing contention. To instill the balance of conventional process with the creation of innovative solutions. Increasingly, conflict prevention and resolution skills are required in management of international affairs, commerce and intra-community issues of contention. This course gives students the essential skills in negotiation, communication, political science, international law, cultural sensitivities and language proficiency. Emphasizing practical skills, students practice the theory they’ve learnt by participating in a range of conflict scenarios whilst receiving individual feedback on their overall performance. In the skills component, students work with the taught model and learn alternative approaches to deal with varying circumstances. Students also investigate in-depth theoretical issues and relevant empirical studies in ethics, inter-cultural context, contingent third-party interventions, power and empowerment
Mission: To provide an academic platform for the professional training and education of individuals committed to the practice of Peace Building – to prevent and resolve conflicts Intra-Community and Internationally.
Academic Goals: To inculcate certain fundamental core principals in the academic matriculation of student candidates as professionals in the practice of Conflict Prevention and Resolution.
- Conflict can be prevented and resolved without acts of aggression and violence
- Adaptability to the distinct and unique nature of each situation and circumstance.
- Recognition of plurality and diversity of peoples, cultures and the viewpoint by adversarial positions
- Assess scenarios on facts and empirical data.
- Provide Analysis, Education, and Assessment of long term impacts to the adversaries
- Create alternatives to the adversarial positions to reach a unique and customized targeted resolution
- Apply recognized legal parameters or create the legal format necessary to establish and maintain compliance