Bachelor’s Degree (to include Language Courses)
Master’s Degree (Language and/or Internship)
Course Description: An academic platform designed for the education and training in cultural sensitivities and awareness in communities; the workplace; cross culture business engagements and government relations. To qualify individuals to a high professional standard of personal and professional conduct and performance to the level where successful cross culture interaction and participation becomes a matter of memory behavior. The areas of implementation will include an acute awareness of plurality; respect, tolerance, and diversity of culture and experiences. To propel the student candidate to an enhanced level of skill and capacity to manage a variety of situations and circumstances as predicated by the diverse cultures and divergence within a group of multi-cultures. The process will include communication and negotiation skills.
Mission: Heighten participants’ knowledge of how personal experiences impact interaction with individuals from other groups.
- Increase awareness of participant’s own biases and experience of difference
- Promote mutual respect in a growing multicultural environment
- Facilitate dialogue amongst co-workers on the issues of difference, cultural sensitivity, and communication
- Awareness Building
- Cultural Sensitivity in the Business world
- Cultural Communication
- Multi-Cultural growth and the government (administrative, judicial, law enforcement)